Translations no longer required for university transcripts
At their meeting on June 23, 2022, the AFMC Committee on PGME confirmed that students will no longer be required to provide English-French or French-English translations of their university transcripts when applying for the resident match. This will reduce the cost and the administrative burden for students.
Rules for visiting electives for the Class of 2024 in the fall of 2022
At their meeting June 28, 2022, the AFMC Board of Directors approved the motion put forward by the AFMC Committee on Undergraduate Medical Education that:
Starting with the resumption of visiting electives for the Class of 2024 in the fall of 2022, the following rules apply:
• each visiting elective must be at least two weeks long (excluding travel)
• a student can do a maximum of four visiting electives, not to exceed twelve weeks in total
These rules are intended to reduce the economic and ecological burden of visiting electives while allowing sufficient opportunities for career exploration.
Recommendations of the AFMC Resident Matching Committee (ARMC) subcommittee on File Review and Applications.
Recommendations approved by the AFMC Board of Directors.
***Clarification: Some of the changes to the MSPR suggested in the ARMC SubCommittee on Applicaton and File Review, approved by the AFMC Board of Directors on October 27, 2020 may not be fully implemented by the medical schools in time for Match 2021.
Please refer to the specific recommendations below:
MEDICAL STUDENT PERFORMANCE RECORD:
- All 17 medical schools adhere to the national MSPR template developed by the MSPR Working Group. This may not yet be implemented for all schools for Match 2021.
- All 17 medical schools use a common standardized approach and the same criteria in documenting professionalism issues on the MSPR. This has not yet been implemented for Match 2021.
- All 17 medical schools include narrative comments on the MSPR. This may not yet be implemented for all schools for Match 2021