A wish list for 2020
As 2019 ends, I have a wish list for 2020 and beyond. As a collective, we must focus on the greater good for the health of Canadians, and ensure the success and wellbeing of those in our environments including learners by:
- Turning our eyes to the future by being bold and innovative in academic medicine;
- Acting in a socially accountable and personally accountable way;
- Leaving our egos at the door and turfing out the turf wars;
- Walking the talk of equity, diversity and inclusion for all;
- Letting relationships be the backbone of our work;
- Remembering to put our own oxygen mask on first;
- Being there for our learners, our colleagues, our staff;
- Committing to developing psychologically safe environments;
- Finding a way to never have another suicide in our community;
- Making a pledge to always respect everyone, everyday, in everyway.
May you have some time for rest and relaxation over the holidays and may your 2020 be filled with health, peace and joy.